I'm in the middle of one of the worst musical dry spells I've ever experienced. I haven't written ANYTHING. For some reason, I just haven't felt driven to pick up a pencil and put it to paper, or even play guitar. I remember sitting alone in an extremely large house in Austin and just listening to my soul pouring out of my fingers and into six thin metal strings, but i haven't been able to hear that music lately. If i play, I'm just playing old chord structures that are stored somewhere in the annals of my mind, my hands are just robotic extensions of a cold machine making dead, mechanical music.
I miss the life I used to hear.
There was fear in those songs.
There was hope in those songs.
There was pain in those songs.
There was love in those songs.
But these new songs... well... there not even songs.
I feel like the hollow, empty shell of the spirited young boy I used to be. Oh and how I can hear the echos in that shell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment